Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Zoom H4n Handy Recorder Review 1

Holy crap,

This may never be read (as my blog has no traffic whatsoever) but after spending weeks trying to purchase a portable recorder and obsessing over every review on the web, I have finally made a purchase that I can recommend to other poor saps like me. The Zoom H4n handy recorder may be the best multi-functional audio recording tool for a freelance video-sound-designer/part-time musician ever!

While I agree with most reviews that the H4n isn't pro quality material (mediocre preamp, high usb ai latency, and clumsy big for a handheld), since I've gotten it I have: Collected a handful of useful sound effects, recorded band practice successfully without clipping, composed a tune using the built in multitrack function with a guitar and the built in mics and then, using the device as an USB audio interface, recording the songs to Logic Pro and using the finished product for a film festival trailer that played in front of hundreds of people. Now that's productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment